RELISA® MPO and PR3 Antibody Test Kits
Autoantibodies to MPO-ANCA and PR3-ANCA have been shown to be associated with pauci-immune crescentic glomerulonephritis and Wegener’s granulomatosis respectively. Using ethanol fixed neutrophils in an indirect immunofluorescence assay (IIF), autoantibodies to MPO-ANCA most often produce a perinuclear or P-ANCA staining pattern and autoantibodies to PR3-ANCA produce a cytoplasmic or C-ANCA pattern. However, IIF patterns alone are not confirmatory for MPO- or PR3-ANCA. Our RELISA MPO and PR3 Antibody Test Kits are a convenient method for confirmation of MPO- or PR3-ANCA autoantibodies. The importance of detecting and confirming these autoantibodies cannot be overlooked. The International Group for Consensus on Testing and Reporting of Antineutrophil Cytoplasmic Antibodies (ANCA) has recommended as a minimum that both indirect immunofluorescence (IIF) and confirmatory ELISA testing be done on all samples. It has been shown that about 10% of ANCA positive sera are only detected by IIF and about 5% are positive only by ELISA (1). And, in a separate publication, an independent study reported combining (IIF) patterns with an ELISA assay such as the Immuno Concepts RELISA® MPO- and PR3-ANCA can improve the diagnostic specificity of ANCA testing to 99% (2). In addition to the diagnostic value of identifying which ANCA antibodies are present, monitoring the level of PR3- and MPO-ANCA antibodies can be useful. These antibody levels usually correlate with disease activity in patients with Wegener’s granulomatosis, microscopic polyangiitis, and pauci-immune segmental necrotizing glomerulonephritis. (1)
• Test strips are color coded and feature break-away wells
• Easily automated
• Purified native human antigens
• Liquid stable ready-to-use controls and conjugates
• Kit contains reagents and procedures for both single point qualitative and multi-point semi-quantitative assays
• Total assay time of 90 minutes
1. Savige, J., Gillis, D., Benson, E., Davies, D., Esnault, V., Falk, R.J., Hagen, E.C., Jayne, D., Jennette, J.C., Paspaliaris, B., Pollock, W., Pusey, C., Savage, C.O.S., Silvestrini, R., Van der Woude, F., Wieslander, J., Wiik, A. International consensus statement on testing and reporting of antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (ANCA). Am.J.Clin.Pathol. 111:507-513, 1999.
2. Hagen EC, Daha MR, Hermans J, et al. EC BCR Project ANCAAssay Standardization: Diagnostic value of standardized assays for anti-neu- trophil cytoplasmic antibodies in idiopathic systemic vasculitis. Kidney Int 53:743-753, 1998
7096-15 RELISA® MPO-ANCA Test System 96 wells/kit
7096-16 RELISA® PR3-ANCA Test System 96 wells/kit
Other kit configurations are available upon request.
For a copy of the package insert, please click on the appropriate link below.